cecil

Nessa's Thoughts

Just a British girl who reads a bit too much.

The Dead Zone
Piper Kerman
The Cuckoo's Calling
Robert Galbraith

Shadowhunters & Downworlders

Shadowhunters and Downworlders - Kelly Link, Diana Peterfreund, Sara Ryan, Kami Garcia, Sarah Rees Brennan, Kate Milford, Michelle Hodkin, Kendare Blake, Gwenda Bond, Scott Tracey, Rachel Caine, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Sarah Cross, Robin Wasserman What...?You know, for all we shriek at Cassie Clare about milking TMI to death, I think the poor woman must be chained inside the dairy barn by her publishers, editing this collection of short stories.I'm well aware that this could possibly be like those 'GUIDE TO THE HUNGER GAMES/TRIBUTES/DISTRICTS' books that seem to crop up around any bookshelf featuring The Hunger Games. And that there is a movie coming out. But for the love of all the gods who have ever been worshipped, make this end!!Do you really need a guide to Shadowhunters and Downworlders? Nope. From the one book I have (skim)-read from The Mortal Instruments universe, and the two I have read of The Infernal Devices, Shadowhunter = anybody borne of Nephilim, or angels who copulated with humans oh so long ago. Downworlder = any being that you can relate to as being evil or magical in any way, I guess. Witches, warlocks, demons, vampires, werewolves, nymphs, pixies, elves, etcetera.There is no need for this supplementary material, at all. The books don't require any form of in-depth study. Nice little extras for the fans, perhaps, and maybe interesting looks at the universe from alternate storytellers, but a waste of paper otherwise.